Monday, January 30, 2012

Fresh Caprese Salad




I love caprese salad.  For the longest time I have hated fresh tomatoes.  My taste buds have been changing as I age.  I still can't stand olives though.  That may never change.  My girlfriend Rebecca showed me how to make this caprese salad when my husband and I came over for dinner one night.  The nice thing about salads is that you can add whatever you want in the amount you want for the taste you want.  I am thinking of adding garlic to this salad sometime.  Just like butter, garlic is one of those things that make a lot of recipes taste better.  I like to have this salad not only for a side dish, but also for eating as a lunch.



CAPRESE SALAD


1 container of grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1 ball of mozzarella, chopped
Fresh basli leaves, chiffonade/chopped
Splash of olive oil (enough to coat everything)
Salt and Pepper to taste


Mix everything together. Everything is to the taste in this dish. It is very refreshing and you can use whatever kind of tomatoes you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment