Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shrimp Po' Boys



For Fat Tuesday this year, I had decided to make shrimp po' boys.  I don't normally celebrate Mardi Gras but I thought it would be a great reason to bring in more different recipes into the house.  I was missing a lot of ingredients this time but I improvised quite a bit.  I had to because I can never turn down shrimp!  To be honest, I couldn't tell you all the things I have done differently but the sandwiches were good.  I know I made more of a beer batter and added some hot sauce to the mix and much of the same ingredients listed here.  I did it that way since we didn't have any panko bread crumbs.  I was missing some lettuce and tomatoes so that's why you don't see them here.  The recipe I found for these is highly rated.  For what I didn't have, it was pretty good and I think it would be even better following the original recipe.  I got my bread from a local sub shop and I toasted the insides using olive oil.


SHRIMP PO' BOYS

  • Vegetable oil for deep-frying
  • 4 French rolls, split and hinged
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 cups Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 2 cups shredded lettuce
  •  
  • Remoulade sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 tablespoon horseradish
  • 1 teaspoon pickle relish
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Ponzu Lime

  • Combine butter and garlic, spread on rolls and toast in the oven until brown. Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan until 360 degrees. Mix creole seasoning and flour. Dredge shrimp in flour then egg; roll in panko. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown. Spread remoulade sauce on all 4 rolls. Top with shrimp, followed by shredded lettuce.

  • Remoulade sauce: Mix mayo, horseradish, pickle relish, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, and ponzu in a bowl.

Shrimp Po' Boys Recipe from Kikkoman on www.allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment