Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fresh Fruit Pizza



The weather is getting even warmer now and there are many parties going on.  Graduation is coming up for many and some don't know what to make.  Fruit Pizza is simple, sweet and just so gosh darn good!  People have asked me the recipe numerous times and they just die from how simple it is to make.  If you're like me and don't care for cake as much, then you're in for a real treat.  I took the Pillsbury recipe but just didn't add the orange marmalade.  It's fantastic without the marmalade.  I have tried several ways of making the cookie crust by using other brands, homemade recipes, etc.  I still think getting the refrigerated cookie dough from Pillsbury is the best. Here's what I do...


FRUIT PIZZA


1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Seasonal fruits of your choice prepared

Roll out cookie dough (yes it has to be the pillsbury kind, because I haven't had much luck with other kinds) into about a 12 inch circle. Bake at 350 degrees F for 16-20 minutes. Let cookie crust cool down. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well mixed and easily spreadable. Spread cream cheese mix on top of cookie crusts. Add on your favorite fruit toppings. In this case I used kiwis, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and diced fresh peaches (mango works well too). You want to use what fruit is best in season and go by the more flavorful and tart fruits. Some people put on about 1/2 cup of apple jelly or orange marmalade. I like to let the fruit speak for itself so I leave that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment