Monday, January 28, 2013

Cheesy Turkey Casserole To Warm The Soul


The other day, I wanted to make a nice hot comforting meal for my husband and I.  I wanted to go back to a recipe that I grew up with.  We needed something that could just stick to your ribs.

I dug deep into my cookbook and found the Cheesy Turkey Casserole recipe.  I didn't have any turkey but knew chicken would work just as well.  I thought I would try this recipe on my husband just to see if he'd like it.  He wasn't sure what it would be like at first which is why it took me so long to make it for him.  I'm glad I finally talked him into it as he loved it!  This recipe is meant to be in everyone's cookbooks.


Cheesy Turkey Casserole

8 oz. Spaghetti, cooked
1 lb. Velveeta, cubed
1 C Milk
1/2 C Mayo
8-10 oz. Frozen Peas and Carrots, cooked and drained
2 C Turkey or Chicken, cooked and cubed
2 Tbsp. Parsley
Green Onions or Chives to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Melt Velveeta with milk on the stove.  Add mayo.  Stir into Spaghetti.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook in a large casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees f for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment