Monday, January 28, 2013

Parmesan Knots, By The Power Of Peer Pressure


Pinterest has been tempting me a lot to try new things.  It has a great wealth of recipes and other great ideas. I had noticed a lot of people posting the parmesan knot recipe.  I actually didn't end up pinning the recipe, but rather found it in an Our Wisconsin catalogue sent to me.  I ended up making their recipe and I put some sea salt on these biscuits to jazz it up even more.  This recipe is a great recipe to make something up to add to dinner in a pinch.

Here is the recipe I used:

Parmesan Knots

1/2 C Vegetable Oil (I used Canola and it worked well)
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
Dash Pepper
3 (12 oz.) cans Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits

In a small bowl, combine oil and seasonings.  Set aside.  Cut each biscuit in half.  Roll each portion into a 6 inch rope, tie in a loose knot.  Place on greased baking sheet and back at 450 degrees f for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.  Immediately brush with the parmesan mixture.  Brush a second time with parmesan mixture.  Serve warm or freeze up to 2 months.  To heat up frozen rolls, bake at 350 degrees f for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment