Friday, October 11, 2013

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies for Christmas


It's that time of year again where people start thinking about Christmas.  I know it's October but you have to admit it's been in the back of your mind.  I have had the excitement for Christmas waaaay early this year.  I've been stoked for Christmas since July!  I want to share with you my favorite Christmas cookie recipe, the peanut butter kiss cookie.  My father in law and I fight over these cookies every year and they're the first ones gone!  I truly believe that chocolate and peanut butter were a match made in heaven!

PEANUT BUTTER KISS COOKIES

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter1/2 cup sugar1/2 cup brown sugar1 egg1/2 tsp. vanilla1 1/4 cup flour3/4 tsp. baking soda1/4 tsp. saltextra granulated sugarchocolate kisses, unwrapped

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar together. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Roll into balls in sugar. Bake at 375 degrees f for 10-12 minutes. Immediately put one chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie while cookie is still hot. Let cool and then enjoy!



This peanut butter cookie recipe has been used in my family for many years. I believe it to be from the old school Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I just added the kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment