Sunday, October 20, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cookies for Christmas


My grandma made the best Snickerdoodles!  She didn't put that weird lemon juice stuff in her cookies to make them taste funny. She used to make several gallon size bags full of Snickerdoodles for Christmas since we all hogged these.  I am excited that I keep seeing people posting Snickerdoodle recipes on pinterest.  I've seen some creative recipes using these cookies.  I think I will try one of those recipes in particular.  The ones with the caramel sounded really good.

SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES

1 c Shortening
1 1/2 c Sugar (for batter)
2 Eggs
2 3/4 c Flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar (for rolling)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cloves

Preheat oven to 375 degrees f (may need to adjust oven to 400 degrees f if these don't bake in the time alotted).
Cream Shortening and  1 1/2 c Sugar.  Add Eggs.  In a separate bowl, sift Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda and Salt.  Add to wet mix.
In a separte bowl, mix 2 Tbsp Sugar, Cinnamon and Cloves.  Form dough into balls and roll in sugar mix.  Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes.


I believe this to be my grandma's recipe.  However I did get this from my Aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment